We may provide links to other websites created and maintained by other public and/or private sector organizations. We provide these links solely for your information and convenience. We do not take any responsibility for the content, accuracy or timeliness of those other websites, nor do we endorse any commercial products that may be advertised or available on those websites. When you link to an outside website, you are leaving the Site and our information management policies no longer apply.
You may display, download and print a copy of material from the Site for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes provided that you do not modify the content and each copy acknowledges that the TeachAble Project or the person shown as the copyright holder is the source and holds the copyright. No part of any document or image on the Site may be reproduced or transmitted for any other purpose.
- The TeachAble Project grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and make personal use of the Site for non-commercial purposes, provided the Site is not modified or downloaded (other than page caching) unless expressly authorized by The TeachAble Project.
The content of the Site is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and other countries. You will be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from any use. This license does not include any right for resale or commercial use of the Site or its content. Any unauthorized use of the Site will terminate the license and all the limited rights or permission granted by The TeachAble Project.
- As a condition of your use of the Site, you will not use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, and in addition to the specific prohibitions in hereof, you may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or any Content or Service (or the network(s) connected to the Site) or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any part of the Site or any Content or Service. No derivative use of the Site or its contents or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools are permitted. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site or any Content or Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site.
- Without limiting the generality of any other prohibition or restriction contained herein, you agree that you will not use the Site to:
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content, or select any member or user name or email address, that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that promotes illegal activity, including without limitation the provision of instructions for illegal activity.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that exploits the images of children under 18 years of age, or that discloses personally identifying information belonging to children under 18 years of age.
- Harm minors in any other way.
- Make any sexual request on behalf of a minor or make any sexual request of a minor.
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass another.
- Collect or store personally identifying information about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, The TeachAble Project official, employee, forum leader, guide, teacher or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Employ misleading email addresses or falsify information in the header, footer, return path, or any part of any communication, including emails, transmitted through the Site.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or regulation or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that facilitates hacking.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, service mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights (“Rights”) of any party, or contributing to inducing or facilitating such infringement. This prohibition shall include, without limitation, the following forms of software piracy:
- Making available copyrighted software or other Content that has had the copyright protection removed.
- Making available serial numbers for software that can be used to illegally validate or register software.
- Making available tools that can be used for no purpose other than for “cracking” software or other copyrighted Content.
- Making available any software files for which the user does not own the copyright or have the legal right to make available.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any material that contains software viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors or any other computer code, files or programs or repetitive requests for information designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the Site, the Content, or the Services.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, or the like to download data from the Site.
- Conduct your own contests and promotions.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any Content regarding any raffle, contest or game requiring a fee by participants.
- Modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, link, display or in any way exploit any Content, including, without limitation, by incorporating Content into any e-mail or “white pages” products or services, whether browser-based, based on proprietary client-site applications, web-based, or otherwise.
- Sell, distribute, or make any commercial use of Content or make any other use of Content in a manner which could be expected to offend any person for whom the data is relevant.
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue in a chat room or on a bulletin board, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Services are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law.
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit, or post links to any material that is false, misleading, or designed to manipulate any equity, security, or other market.
- Access any Content or Service after your account or access has been terminated by The TeachAble Project.
- Fail to complete any transaction after submitting an order to purchase any goods or services from The TeachAble Project, or breach any terms and conditions governing such transactions.
- Purchase any Services that you are prohibited from purchasing or possessing by any law applicable to you in your jurisdiction. The responsibility for ensuring compliance with all such laws shall be the user’s alone. By submitting an order to purchase goods or services, you represent and warrant that you have the legal right to purchase such goods or services.
- Use any software deployed in connection with the Site to process data as a service to other entities without the express written consent of The TeachAble Project or the party from whom such software may be licensed.
- Decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or sublicense any software deployed in connection with the Site.
- Advertise, offer for sale, or sell any product or service.
Participation in online discussion groups, comments and other communications
- You may post or submit comments, suggestions, ideas, questions, or other information to the Site, provided the content is not illegal, obscene, defamatory, threatening, an invasion of privacy, objectionable or infringing on the intellectual property rights of third parties, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation or any form of “spam”. You must not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of such content.
Limitation of liability, disclaimer of warranties and conditions
- The Contents, products and Services are provided in good faith on an “AS IS” basis and were current at the time of posting for use on the Site.
- The TeachAble Project is not responsible for any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or other damages resulting from the use, misuse or misinterpretation of any Content, products or Services provided by this Site.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The TeachAble Project and its officials, officers, employees and authorized representatives from and against any liability, loss, injury (including injuries resulting in death), demand, action, cost, expense, or claim of any kind, including but not limited to lawyer’s fees, relating in any way to your use of the Contents, products or Services provided by this Site.
- You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the Site, so long as the link does not portray The TeachAble Project, its officials, its employees, or its Content, products or Services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
- The use of the Site is solely for your personal and non-commercial use. Without the advance express written permission of The TeachAble Project, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or Services obtained from the Site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, without the advance express written permission of The TeachAble Project you may not ‘meta-search’ the Site, send, or cause to be sent, any automated queries of any sort to the Site, or use the Site in any other commercial manner.
- It is important to note that not all of the Content or Services are available in provinces outside of Ontario or in jurisdictions outside Canada. Content and Services are expressly not being made available and not offered, and The TeachAble Project hereby expressly denies you the right to use them, in any jurisdiction in which they are not lawful. It is your responsibility to be aware of the laws of your province or country or that otherwise apply to you in relation to any of the matters described in these pages. If you choose to access the Site from outside of Ontario, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local, national or international laws. You may not use or export or re-export the Content or any copy or adaptation in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including but not limited to the export laws and regulations of Canada in force from time to time.
- The TeachAble Project reserves the right in its sole discretion, and without notice, to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the use of the Site is offered. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these terms and conditions and Additional Terms posted on particular sites or pages within the Site. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
- The use of the Site and any purchase made on this Site are governed by the laws in force in the Province of Ontario and Canada. You agree and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Toronto, Ontario. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply.